Reverse Seared Tri Tip sliders
By Jason Wilson @meat.therapy
– 1 tri tip
– 1 TBSP avocado oil
– favorite steak seasoning
– 1 lemon squeezed
– 3 TBSP horseradish
– 2 TBSP mayonnaise
– 1 tsp salt
– 1 tsp black pepper
– slider buns
- Start with busting out your Pecos Outdoors Workstation and get to trimming up your tri tip. Coat with avocado oil as a binder. Season the meat on both sides with your favorite steak seasoning (I used Meat Church Holy Gospel).
- While the season is adhering, get your smoker rolling at 225°. Place the tri tip in the smoker, fat side down once your smoker temp is ready.
- While the smoke is rolling, make your sauce. Combine sour cream, horseradish, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, and pepper (I subbed with Meat Church Holy Cow). Mix well, cover, and place in the fridge.
- When the tri tip hits an internal temp of 110°-115° have a skillet or griddle warmed to medium high heat and sear. Flip every minute until your internal temperature reaches 133° Pull and let the meat rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Build the sliders. Slice up the tri tip making sure you are cutting against the grain. Spread your sauce on the bottom bun and top with a few slices of steak. Add a dollop of cream sauce to the top. Grab that delicious slider and SMASH!
I love using my @pecosoutdoor workstation for cooks like these. It’s perfect for the prep with all of the different attachments. The basket to hold my seasonings, the trash bag holder for trimmings and what not, and the paper towel holder ate game changers. It’s durable and portable so you will often see me using these outside of my outdoor kitchen at events.
What I used:
* @pecosoutdoor Workstation
* @traegergrills Ironwood XL & Flatrock
* @meatchurch Holy Gospel
* @meatchurchbbqsupply Holy Cow
* @spaceman_knives Kiritsuke & Slicer
* @boarshead_official horseradish
* @swift__meats Prime Tri Tip